This Monday, enjoy some lovely quotes and shots we’ve come across that help you to appreciate the little things in life that can brighten your day or someone elses! Everyone has their creature comforts, so make sure you fill your day with them.
Whether it’s a hot cup of your favourite tea, sneaking in a morning surf or even just getting a walk in at sunset, everyone has their ‘little things’ and we here at SurfStitch believe it’s important to make time for them!
Enjoy some Monday inspiration and remember this week to…
Imagery from 100 Layer Cake, Design House of Moira, Tee Spring, Glitter Guide, Free People and others unknown.
We here at SurfStitch all love our statement pieces that make our outfits pop, and there’s no better way to do it than with a stand-out print! From florals to geometric shapes to indistinguishable shapes, make sure your wardrobe is equipped with printed pieces you love as we head towards the Spring season.
From monochrome to mixed-up brights, the louder your print, the better. Check out some of our perfectly printed inspiration and shop some of our favourite womens printed new arrivals – with everything from dresses to shorts and even footwear to get you started.
Lee Reflector Dress – Reflector | Cameo Alone Tonight Dress – Monochrome Rose | Keepsake Chained Mini Dress – Black Rose Cluster
Billabong Floral Heat Top – Bikini Red | Tigerlily Jurneaux Top – Leopard | Minkpink Gingham Games Games Womens Womens Top
Minkpink Pursuit Denim Short | Zulu and Zephyr Oceanfront Sweat Short | Finders Keepers Atlantic City Short – Hibiscus
Volcom Alexa Pant – Navy | Finders Keepers Begin Again Pant – Leopard | Tigerlily Soraya Pant – Marble
Lipstik Toffee Sandal – Floral | Havaianas Slim Prints Animal Thong – Sand Grey Pink | Vans Womens Old Skool Shoe – Floral
Imagery from Julia Kostreva Blog, Ivana Revic, Harpers Bazaar, Elle, Who What Wear, Sincerely Jules, Vogue, Atlantic-Pacific and Everything You Love to Hate.
Leading a healthy lifestyle isn’t about one-week fads or being good when you can. It’s about a total lifestyle change, where your health is the number one goal. Take a look at some inspiration, the SurfStitch Active Lifestyle Rules to live by, a fun, two simple and nutritious recipes and some exercises that you can do daily to keep fit, even if you’re time poor. RULES TO LIVE BY 1. Forget the scales. The change to a fresh and healthy lifestyle isn’t about your weight or the size of your waist – it’s about how you feel, fueling your body with nutritious foods and staying active. 2. Hydrate, even if you don’t feel thirsty. Drinking water is crucial to your blood, your organs, your digestion, your skin and so much more. 8 cups of water a day is widely recommended, but if you’re sweating excessively or working out, you will need more! For extra electrolytes and hydration, try organic coconut water. 3. Eat, always. Skipping meals helps nobody, and will actually do your metabolism more harm than good. Just replace the foods that contain unhealthy products such as simple sugars and saturated fats with foods that have plenty of fibre and nutrition so that you always feel full. Check out our recipe for breakfast on the go as just one of the nutritious and filling recipes you can take with you on the go! BREAKFAST ON THE GO (NO COOKING INVOLVED!) Ingredients:
- 1 cup organic Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup ground Chia seeds
- 1/4 cup granola
- 1/2 cup Chopped strawberries
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- Mix yoghurt and honey in a bowl. Put one third into a tupperware container.
- Layer a dusting of ground Chia and then 1cm of granola.
- Layer another third of the yoghurt mixture.
- Layer Chia and granola in the same quantity.
- Layer the final portion of yoghurt and then cover in berries.
- Put the lid on and take it with you! Don’t forget a spoon.
KEEP FIT, NO EXCUSES
Keep your core strong and get your heart rate going every day with these two quick and easy exercises! Perfect whether you’re travelling, home or don’t have much time.
- Lie on your back with your legs straight up in the air and your arms out straight beside you
- Slowly raise your legs (straight) to a 90 degree angle and hold for 2 seconds
- Lower your legs slowly until they are 5 centimetres above the ground and hold for 2 seconds
- Repeat 5 sets of 10 reps
- Lie down on your stomach
- Lift your body up using your toes and forearms
- Keep your back straight
- Hold for 30 seconds. For an extra challenge, increase your time by 10 seconds every week
As we wait for the weather to heat up, brand new drops from the biggest and best brands in swimwear keep turning up. We’ve done you all a favour and put them together on display on incredible models Kate and Zoe, styled to perfection and shot on the sunny Gold Coast.
Follow us from dawn to dusk with your first look at Summer swimwear that’s new to SurfStitch, with the SurfStitch Swim Preview 2014. Get a taste for what’s to come with some of our favourite shots from the campaign, plus the full video. Check it out!
Love what you see? Shop the entire campaign here.
Shop Swim Preview 14
It’s that time of year, when our hemisphere is chilly and we’re all seeing photos of that friend-of-a-friend going to enjoy a European Summer, that our wanderlust gets out of control.
We realise you probably don’t need any more destinations to add to your bucket list, but here are some stunning spots that we’ve come across in our Pinterest travels.
Heading away and needing to pick up some bags or accessories? SurfStitch has everything you need.
Ha Long Bay, Vietnam
Luotuofeng Peak, Sichuan, China
Provence, French Riviera
Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
Trolltunga, Odda, Norway
Imagery from Leah Joy Hand, Fotourbana, Twist Materialz and others unknown.
This week in our mens and womens new arrivals, we’re loving the acid wash trend coming through on muscle tees! Our items of the week are both charcoal singlets, with a mens muscle tee from Billabong and a womens singlet from Tigerlily.
Worn with denim or leather, this wash is going to be a huge Summer trend, so take a look at some acid washed inspo and shop our items of the week on SurfStitch!
Mens item of the week:
Billabong Custom Muscle – Black
Womens item of the week:
Tigerlily Patrice Tank – Washed Black
Imagery from Vanessa Jackman & Etsy.
This week we feature Sunglasses. Lets face it, sunglasses can easily make or break your outfit and style. Choose wisely and you’re a winner, unfortunately not so much the same if you aren’t aware of some basic unwritten laws. To help you with your sunglasses decisions, SurfStitch have provided some helpful tips to keep in mind when buying or wearing your favourite shades.
1. Get sunglasses that fit your face. Now we’ve all seen people disobey this rule by getting enthusiastic, huge sunglasses that point 10 feet either side of the persons face. Unless you are a featuring in tabloids or wanting to specifically turn heads, try street clear. Instead, try a pair of glasses that fit your face correctly, both the comfort and look will be something unbeatable.2. Colours. This includes both the lens and the frame. Usually, black on black is a safe bet if you are struggling with finding a winning combination. However, these days there are all sorts of colours to mix and chose from. Whether you are into some matte black frames with blue lenses or some gold framed aviators, don’t be scared of breaking out of your comfort zone and trying to colour combinations. Remember, a darker lens will provide more shade and protection in most cases, while a lighter lens will show off those nice eyes of yours.3. Price.What makes or breaks the prices in different sunglasses? This can vary from materials, styles or plain and simple – the brand. While some sunglasses can go anywhere from $500 upward, this does not necessarily mean they are of better quality. Follow your gut and choice what makes you happy, though remember the simple tip of ‘you get what you pay for.’4. Polarised and non polarised - What is the difference? If you are always on the water or in the snow, you’ll know about glare. While polarised lenses reject the glare and rebound the light rays back into the atmosphere, non polarised lenses try their best to filter, though do NOT block these rays. If you are after the best possible lens, look and feel in your sunglasses, polarised is definitely the go. Polarisation will ensure the best possible vision and protection for your eyes.All imagery: Oakley, AM Eyewear, Sunday Somewhere, Valley Eyewear, Electric, Raen Optics, Spy Optics, Collab.
For more information on sunglasses and SurfStitch’s current brands, shop all sunglasses here, including all of our hottest new arrivals!