Half of the SurfStitch office is either away on, or returning from travels – we’ve had a few off to Europe, a couple to America and even exotic Aussie spots like Hamilton Island.
This got me thinking about the perfect travel outfits for different spots, which include versatile pieces that can be worn more than once in order to salvage luggage space! From tees and jeans to dresses and sunnies, this post should have you covered (or not) with outfit inspiration for whatever your destination might be. Enjoy!
The key to dressing for these big bad European cities is definitely comfort! Nod your head in the general direction of the trends of the moment with some distressed jeans and a denim shirt thrown over your feminine top, and finish off the combo with a hand held wallet or purse (in the name of security) and a pair of Vans so that you can walk all day and take in the beauty of the city!
1. Levi’s Embellished Trucker – Untamed Blue. 2. Jorge Belize Beaded Cami – White. 3. Lee Dylan Jean – Black Hero. 4. Status Anxiety Audrey Wallet – Black. 5. Vans Womens Authentic Shoe – Black Black.
Sunshine, swimming and poolside cocktails will be your key activities when you’re not walking around witnessing the beautiful bright whites of Mykonos. Your most important piece here will be a comfortable girly cover-up. Go for white on white (your white dress against the white walls!) to cover up your floral one piece – the ultimate summer feeling! Don’t forget an oversized pair of sunnies for a glam look and a comfortable pair of sandals for your Greek Island wandering. Bonus: these Jelly Beans are the ideal footwear for the pebbled beaches!
1. Rhythm My Tee Dress – White. 2. Jets Midsummer D Underwire One Piece With Panelled Mesh Inserts – Harvest. 3. Mayde Byron Towel – Blue. 4. Valley Tenz Sunglasses – Gloss Black Gradient. 5. Jelly Beans Sandal – Ghosties.
Mid Town NYC
A word of warning: even with their amazing subway system, in a city like this, you’re likely to do a lot of walking! Regardless, it’s New York, so you want to look as SATC-glam as possible! For this reason, I recommend you go with a trendy and chic Finders Keepers tee dress, with leggings underneath and some much needed accessories (watch and handbag), topped off with comfortable sandals in their warm summer days. This dress is great because losing the tights can have you night-ready in a matter of seconds. Perfect for that roof top cocktail party you’re headed to!
1. Finders Keepers You Sent Me Tshirt Dress – Paradise Beach Monochrome Sherbert. 2. Tigerlily Tanindi Legging – Black Sea. 3. Komono Moneypenny Watch – Gold Black. 4. Status Anxiety Distant Lover Bag – Black. 5. Gallaz Soho Sandal – Black.
Another sunny, beachside location that calls for a cute swimsuit and easy cover up. Try the amazing new range from Beach Riot‘s collab with Stone Cold Fox. This bikini top with a sheer white shirt on top, some cheeky denim shorts and a pair of thongs will have you go from the beach to the markets to your bonfire without a change. Laid back chic!
1. Roxy San Sebastian Shirt – Sea Salt. 2. Minkpink Slasher Flick Denim Short – Denim. 3. Beach Riot x Stone Cold Fox Lagoon Tri Separate Top – Palm. 4. Havaianas Slim Metallic Thong – Pool Green.
With chillier weather, Ireland will call for a warmer getup. Rock the double denim trend that’s resurfaced since the 90s with a floral tee and a pair of Docs. This outfit will have you ready for everything from sight seeing to hiking through incredible greenery like the below.
1. Levi’s Authentic Trucker – Moonshine. 2. Von Zipper Rosary SS Crew Tee – Grey Marle. 3. Riders by Lee Tomboy Jean – Bleach Out. 4. Dr. Martens Drench Gumboot – Bright Purple Patent.